Tatiana Blatnik: love of five years

Prince Nikolaos, Tatiana Blatnik

After recently announcing their engagement,
Prince Nikolaos of Greece and his love of five years,
Tatiana Blatnik, have appeared in public
for the first time to mark the event.

With charisma, poise and model looks,
she seems the perfect match for the designer
whose creations, as trend-setting as they are timeless,
have been worn by stars like Sienna Miller
and Gossip Girl Blake Lively.

Tatiana Blatnik

Would you consider a permanent move to Greece?

“We both live in London for the time being,
because our jobs are there, but it’s a possibility
that we wouldn’t rule out at all.”

You’ve said you like Greek food.
Do you enjoy cooking?


“It’s my great passion. I enjoy it and I’m so glad Nikolaos
likes what I make. Actually, that’s what’s helped keep our
relationship going for six and a half years!”

How did you meet designer Diane von Furstenberg?

“My father had known her since she was around 18 years old.
I first saw her at the opening of her London boutique in 2006.
I was so thrilled that I immediately wrote to her afterward,
asking if I could work with her and for her.”

Had your father ever told you about the days of her being
the queen of New York?


“My father died when I was only six years old, so everything
I actually knew about her was based on what other people said.
If you ask me though, she’s still a queen.
The older she gets, the younger her target group and fans are.
“This might sound like a bit of an exaggeration, but I really truly
mean it: I can’t imagine working for anyone else in the fashion
business.”

What is your job like?

“I do a little bit of everything: organising events,
talking to the press, travelling around the globe
with Diane.
There are 33 boutiques located around the world –
not to mention that we’re sold in a total of 56 countries.
Our very first Athens boutique opened last year.”

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top